ModEco: Integrated Software for Species Distribution Analysis and ModelingModEco is a software package for ecological niche modeling. It integrates a range of niche models within a geographical information system. ModEco provides a user friendly platform that enables users to explore, analyze, and model species distribution data with relative ease. It contains a suite of functions such as data input/output, data visualization, feature analysis, model training and prediction, and accuracy assessment, which are commonly needed for modeling species' distributions.
ModEco has several unique features:
1) it deals with different types of ecological observation data, such as presence and absence data, presence-only data, and abundance data. Models include:
2) it provides a range of models when dealing with presence-only data, such as presence-only models, pseudo-absence models, background vs. presence data models, and ensemble model; and
3) it includes relatively comprehensive tools for data visualization, feature selection, and accuracy assessment.
Nov 22, 2011 ModEco v3.02 release.
- Ability to use ASCII files to define analysis range
- if GLM cannot be used, an error message will be given instead of crashing.
Aug 2, 2011 ModEco v3.00 release.
May 3, 2011 Software updates are in progress.
March 26, 2011 release v.2.0
- Menus reorgonized for ease of use
- GUI design updated
- Fixed minor bugs
May 27, 2010 release v.1.04
- Fixed bug that caused many models to crash in batch mode
- Pseudo absence models made more stable
- Navigation bar on the left hand side does not collapse menu after model predictions
February 09, 2010 release v.1.01
- Added functions that allow users to import environmental layers within a whole folder.
- Added Pearson correlation to the feature scatter plot.
- Added the bias correction method by generating bias background.
- Added ANN into to background based model.
- Fixed bugs that caused the system crash.